E-mobility refers to the vehicles fully or partly driven electrically. Hybrid vehicles combine two engines, electric and internal combustion, to assist the second one in terms of lower emissions and consumption. On the other side, full electric vehicles (or BEV), only use the power of electricity to move, without any internal combustion. Environmental sustainability and reduction of carbon footprint is a sensitive issue, becoming higher than ever, specially inside the automotive world. At Bitron, we are working to be part of the new market landscape, changing constantly towards more sustainable choices.
What we are doing
You will find us ready to design, brand new, fully customized products, including: AVAS pedestrian warning systems, high current battery disconnect units, EMC filters and new generation actuators. In addition, Bitron's broad vision, powered by our know-how, allows rapid solutions even in the development of completely new application areas.
Looking at the future
Our target for the incoming E-moblity era is the production of new generation devices. They will provide a safer, more efficient and mantainance free experience. Last, but not least, they must be more affordable to finally break the last barriers that are slowing electric cars from spreading out in our cities and change the world.
Dual Battery Switch Module for new hybrid vehicles for fuel saving and emissions reduction. Automatic fault mitigation strategies based on «reduced performance» in case of system failures.
- Ambient temperature: 40°C up to +105°C
- Switching current: up to 150 A
- High Speed CAN communication with vehicle body computer
- Water & Dust Protection: IP69K
- ASIL C (ISO 26262) regulation compliant
- Dedicated temperature sensors for fault mitigation mechanism
We have taken steps forward to evolve this family, looking for the highest standard level. All our solenoid valves can make precise diagnosis. In addition, smart motorized valves, developed for thermal management with intelligent power consumption, provide a complete control of the system.
- Smart valve with position sensor feedback
- Smart valve possibility
- Communication through CAN LIN or PWM
- Stepper motorized valve
- 4/2 or 3/2 ways valve
- 12 V or 24 V versions
Bitron AVAS is an alerting acoustic device for pedestrians safety, reproducing car sound at low speed in electric and hybrid vehicles. One-Box solution with front/rear units configuration. Compliance with European, US and Chinese Regulations.
- Water and dust protection: IP69K.
- Automatic production process for maximum quality output, with Press-fit connector, Hot Stacking for PCB fixing and Laser welding sealing.
Feature packed product, offers excellent use-case capabilities:
- High Speaker Sensitivity SPL> 86dB.
- High Performances (maximum power, quality of sound, design flexibility).
- Up to 16MB flash memory to store wav audio files.
- Full diagnosis on audio outputs.
- Support to simultaneous control of auxiliary speaker for reverse driving.
Advanced Bitron know-how developed on AVAS products:
- Experience in acoustic box shape design, for optimum frequency response.
- Extensive audio signal processing know-how.
- Optimized hardware-software design for specific needs of this product category.
- Dedicated graphical tuning interface for real-time sound adjustment.
Bitron’s e-shifter design combines aesthetic with high luminosity interfaces, customizable feeling and high-quality finishing, and robustness in terms of cybersecurity, functional safety, and electrical cranking resistance.
- Cybersecurity: Hardware Security Module for cryptographic data and algorithms
- Safety: redundant input acquisition and redundant CAN lines
- Very low battery voltage range
- Aesthetic finishing with different materials and customized shapes
EVs and HEVs have higher electric power than traditional vehicles. Prohibitive current and voltage slopes (di/dt and dv/dt), associated to the high frequencies at which devices work, make EMC reduction extremely important. And this target must be reached inside of challenging space and assembly constraints. Our EMC filters, developed paying strong attention to the design, are fully customized, compact and low weight.
- Operating temperature: -40°C – 125°C
- Current capacity: 100Arms continuous at Tmax; 400Arms 1 sec at Tmax
- Emi shield R>2000MOhm
- Capacity: 1000uF
Our motorized actuators also apply in E-mobility industry. Our Park Lock, for example, has been improved in terms of better quality design in order to optimize the weight. Studied to provide safety relevant capabilities and implemented with self-manufactured electronics it allows the perfect communication with the transmission system.
- Operating temperature range: from -40°C to +120°C
- Integrated hall position sensor with precision default <1°
- Max operating linear range: 20 mm
- Maximum push force: 700 N
- Response time: <350 ms to run 20 mm with 150 N constant force
- Communication via CAN protocol